everything matters

I have read stories from women whose men were overseas for six months to a year or more. They would talk about getting calls from their loves, seeing their faces on webcams, getting letters and any other form of contact as if it were the most incredible thing in the world. They gushed over the tiniest bit of contact or any little reminder of their love.

For the longest time, I didn't get it. Sure I thought it was cute and all. The romance of it touched my heart. But I didn't understand the depth of it.

I understand it now.

I know how one little message can make my heart sing for days. Just a few minutes of conversation feels like heaven. Days are counted and marked off, and every day that goes by is one day closer to homecoming.

I understand it now.

Everything matters. Everything.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top