Thy Word

"My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb and as the showers upon the grass." Duet. 32:2


I don't just read my Bible. I absorb it. Its not just an activity. Its an experience.


"This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me." Psalm 119:50


Warmth surrounds me. Tears threaten to spill from my eyes. My heart beats faster and one word fills my whole existance: LOVE. My God loved me enough to leave all these precious jewels at my fingertips. He gives me comfort at any moment I need it, and even when I didn't know that I needed it. I lose track of time. The world could crumble around me, and I probably wouldn't even notice.

"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth." Psalm 119:103


Pieces meet my eyes as I caress the pages. For different reasons, certain verses touch me more than others. I find verses that fill me with lovely memories, ones that cause my heart to ache, and then special ones that remind me of the people I love.


"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us." Rom. 8:37

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor. 12:9

"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ." Eph. 3:9


About 5 years ago, after a particularly trying tragedy took place and shook my small world, I became strongly aware of how hard my life would be without God in it. If I had not had God in my life, where would I have gone when I was weeping with a young, broken heart? Who would have showed me the reasons behind what I could not understand? Who could have taken the bitterness that threatened to fill my whole being, and turn it into a quiet peace? Only God could have rescued me. And has so many times since.


"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in dispair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down but not destroyed." 2 Cor. 4:8-9


Thank You, Lord.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top