Thankful


Several of my friends have posted about the things that they are thankful for. I've loved reading all your lists. :D



But I got to thinking. Yes, I am thankful for all those wonderful little GOOD things...my family, friends, books, music, new yarn, my church families, rice milk, sticky notes, organic shampoo, the library...I could go on and on. But the more I thought about those good things, the more I became aware of the "not-so-good" things that I really and truly am thankful for!



It sounds nearly hard to believe, but I am thankful for...



...a childhood friend teasing me at the age of 11, breaking my tender young heart and teaching me the meaning of forgiveness...


...the tragic death of a friend which reminded me to make the most of the time I have with people...


...a health problem that has made me change my diet and lifestyle and become the healthiest I've ever been...


...the almost romances that have bruised and scarred my heart, and the Sacred Lover that has dried my tears each time and showed me His Love and how to wait for the romance He wants for me...


...the lonliness that has made me search for likeminded friends, only to find them where only God could encourage me to look...


...the family circumstances that had made me become more independent...


...the tribulations, accusations, and trials that I daily grow more passionate because of...


The list is endless.


May you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving. And remember to thank God for the things you don't normally see as good things, but are really blessings in disguise.

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I was almost brought to tears as I read this. I'm sure there are many disguised blessings that I have overlooked. It takes true discernment to see the blessing hidden in the "not-so-good" things and be thankful. You've definitely got me thinking.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top