Memories of 2010

The year 2010 was a good one. It was filled with the making of new friends, the learning of important lessons, healing, growth, loads of laughter and a few buckets of tears. There are so many stories I could tell, hugs and dances I wish I could relive, inside jokes that were created, friendships that were strengthened, words, smiles and voices. There are some things I wish I could forget, but I know that I am all the better for having gone through them. There are stories and feelings and heartaches that I am not ready to share with the world. Maybe when I’m eighty and I write my memoirs, you’ll get to read all about them. But for now, I’ll focus on the things I want to remember.

-I got to have Nicole Cason, Jim Duncan, Anna and Michaela Ferrar stay at my house in January for the homeschool reunion here in PA! So many good times…dancing, my first ever real snowball fight, ice skating, staying up way too late with Nicole having good girly talks, music, accidently picking up on Jim’s accent… :)
-February brought the first ever Ohio Rendezvous, which was an event we still talk about. There was way too much goodness to even begin to describe, so I will just say that it was something I don’t think we will ever be able to top, as far as homeschool get togethers go.
-In April, I spent nearly a week at the Ferrars’ home with Hannah Lefchik. What a wonderful girly weekend! We took a walk in the town square, went to a book sale, had a few photo shoots, made pasta, went window shopping at the mall, took pictures of ourselves in mirrors, watched girl movies, drank tea, danced with Marissa Dubina, talked and talked and talked and talked and talked…, got in lots of hugs, and went home very happy little larks.
-June 1st began puppy season for my family, and we had three litters this year, totaling 22 puppies. Each year we do puppies stretches me far out of my comfort zone and teaches me valuable life lessons. There’s always someone that wants to take advantage of us and give us a hard time. And there’s always someone that totally makes up for the stupid people by being a heaven sent dear that really appreciates and knows how good of a dog they are getting. It’s a lot of discipline and sacrifice, and as much as I love my dogs, I’m always so glad when it’s over.
-Gordie graduated this year, and went to EMT school over the summer, so in August we had a big party for him. The Peters family came down from Ontario, as well as the Ferrars from Ohio and several others friends and relatives. We had a great afternoon…and even got to do the Cotton Eyed Joe. :D
-September. Oh, September. The Ohio Summer Rendezvous is still threatening to trump the February Rendezvous. We had a Western ball, a talent show (featuring the world’s first ever western version of Pride and Prejudice), a scavenger hunt, games, a walk up the world biggest hill, and much much more! I think my two favorite memories were standing in the dark with a flashlight singing hymns acapella till 1am, and sitting on the dock with a few of my girlies, dipping our toes in the water and relaxing. What a wonderful weekend!
-October was a turning point in my life, where I realized the true importance of staying true to what I believe even when it feels like I’m all alone. You never really know how important it is to stick to your beliefs until your beliefs come between you and your heart’s deepest dreams.
-In December, one of my biggest dreams came true. I attended a Christmas Regency Ball. It was beautiful and breathtaking! Several of my favorite people were there, and it was a night I will not soon forget.

2010 was a good year. I can’t complain, and I have so much to be thankful for. But in a way, I’m glad its over and that we are starting a new one. There’s something enchanting about a year’s beginning…you never know quite where it will take you. 2011 has already been wonderful, being that I spent the first day with the Pieplow family and part of the Ferrar family.
It’s gonna be good.

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Yes, the Winter Rendezvous was a great event.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top